Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kay Smith "Again with Music"

Now that the rain is spent,
Trees and the purple-headed timothy and the tall grasses
Are all netted over with seed pearls.
Far as the eye can reach the sea is pale as a pearl,
The air a pool of stillness,
And so still the wild roses their petals make porcelain faces.

From leaf to leaf a raindrop slips,
Stillness upon stillness.

And sprawling over the living grass and the roses,
A dead apple tree with beauty in its bare bones,
Never to put forth again a pink and white cloud of witnesses,
Suddenly blossoms with yellow birds in its grey limbs,
And is almost alive again with music.

Love, O love, let the birds happen to me.
Let the wild, sweet voices remember me.


North side of King Street East, mid-way between Carmarthen and Wentworth
Posted for Dr. J with best wishes.

13 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Jones said...

xxx
ooo

7:19 AM  
Blogger canadian sadie said...

I just found you! I used to live in SJ and I loved coming across your stencils...each one was like a little surprise gift, especially for me.

Keep up The Work. :) It's very, very Good.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there anonymous poetry spray painter. If you haven't heard of him, I thought you might be interested in Banksy. I saw some of his work in London and Berlin last summer. I still have yet to stumble across your stuff. I might even make myself a little walking map according to your directions and go on a treasure hunt...

9:10 AM  
Blogger Emily S. said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I think what you are doing is beautiful.

You not only choose incredible poems, but the most wonderful lines to stencil. Bravo!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Emily S. said...

p.s. I am going to link to you on my site, I hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know and I'll remove you :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Summer Nicklasson said...

what a sweet little poem.
Thank you for bringing a smile to my morning!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Rockford said...

New blogger. Just wanted to say hello to fellow poet bloggers and invite them to submit to my ezine.

www.zombielogicpress.com

11:55 PM  
Blogger ALEX CINDER said...

COOL...EXCELLENT. Hey, you might like my poems.
Visit:
www.deceive-the-eye.blogspot.com

5:48 PM  
Blogger LigerLily said...

beautiful poem;
my blog focuses on poetry among other things:
http://turqoisemoon.blogspot.com/

1:15 AM  
Blogger Steven Thomas Higgins said...

fuck yeah my g

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

one of your best ones i'd say

LOVE IT


http://keepcalmandbookworm.blogspot.com/

9:31 AM  
Blogger jake024d said...

I enjoyed this. Keep it up!

1:39 AM  
Blogger stone decor said...


مميزات حجر الواجهات

ديكور واجهات منازل حجر هاشمى

احدث ديكورات الحجر للواجهات

ديكور واجهات منازل مودرن

واجهات حجر هاشمى

واجهات منازل حجر ابيض

واجهات فلل مودرن

ديكورات حجر هاشمى

انواع واسعار حجر الواجهات

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home