Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kay Smith "Again with Music"

Now that the rain is spent,
Trees and the purple-headed timothy and the tall grasses
Are all netted over with seed pearls.
Far as the eye can reach the sea is pale as a pearl,
The air a pool of stillness,
And so still the wild roses their petals make porcelain faces.

From leaf to leaf a raindrop slips,
Stillness upon stillness.

And sprawling over the living grass and the roses,
A dead apple tree with beauty in its bare bones,
Never to put forth again a pink and white cloud of witnesses,
Suddenly blossoms with yellow birds in its grey limbs,
And is almost alive again with music.

Love, O love, let the birds happen to me.
Let the wild, sweet voices remember me.


North side of King Street East, mid-way between Carmarthen and Wentworth
Posted for Dr. J with best wishes.

14 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Jones said...

xxx
ooo

7:19 AM  
Blogger canadian sadie said...

I just found you! I used to live in SJ and I loved coming across your stencils...each one was like a little surprise gift, especially for me.

Keep up The Work. :) It's very, very Good.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hey there anonymous poetry spray painter. If you haven't heard of him, I thought you might be interested in Banksy. I saw some of his work in London and Berlin last summer. I still have yet to stumble across your stuff. I might even make myself a little walking map according to your directions and go on a treasure hunt...

9:10 AM  
Blogger badarivasa said...

spell poemsspell poemsInteresting blog about your spell poems, keep up the good work spell poems spell poems

1:04 PM  
Blogger barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

1:27 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I think what you are doing is beautiful.

You not only choose incredible poems, but the most wonderful lines to stencil. Bravo!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

p.s. I am going to link to you on my site, I hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know and I'll remove you :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

what a sweet little poem.
Thank you for bringing a smile to my morning!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Zombie Logic said...

New blogger. Just wanted to say hello to fellow poet bloggers and invite them to submit to my ezine.

www.zombielogicpress.com

11:55 PM  
Blogger ALEX CINDER said...

COOL...EXCELLENT. Hey, you might like my poems.
Visit:
www.deceive-the-eye.blogspot.com

5:48 PM  
Blogger LigerLily said...

beautiful poem;
my blog focuses on poetry among other things:
http://turqoisemoon.blogspot.com/

1:15 AM  
Blogger Cancer Magazine said...

fuck yeah my g

3:03 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

one of your best ones i'd say

LOVE IT


http://keepcalmandbookworm.blogspot.com/

9:31 AM  
Blogger jake024d said...

I enjoyed this. Keep it up!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home